Thursday, August 28, 2008

Who discovered the West Nile Virus?

I know it was first found in Uganda in the early 1900s but I need to know who discovered it. It's for my Biology Honors class. I'm having to do a report on the West Nile Virus, and it is required that we find out who discovered the virus we chose. All of the books and websites I've seen say it was discovered by doctors. I really need to know who specifically found it. Thanks!!
I couldn't find a name either but, I did find the UVRI name.

The West Nile virus was first identified by virologists from the Uganda Virus Research Institute (U.V.R.I.) in 1937, in the West Nile district of Uganda, along the Albert Nile near the border with the Congo, where it was making people sick.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005