Thursday, August 28, 2008

Counsellor?

Ok, so heres the situation.

- I am unhappy with the way I look, inside and out.
- My Dad died when I was 10 (I'm fourteen now)
- I've had a massive fallout with two ex-best friends, and now don't speak to about 11 others who were in the group. I am very mature in that respect so this isn't a silly fallout things will never get back to the way they were.
- I've contemplated and tried suicide.
- I hate the person my Mum is "seeing" at the moment.
- I feel very alone, and hate my shyness.

Well anyway, I was diagnosed with depression and have an appointment with a counsellor, I was very suicidal when I went to see the doctor. The appointment is in 5 days, but I feel much better and happy now. The thing is, when something goes wrong I seem to go suicidal again. Should I see the counsellor or not because I feel ok at the moment?

Please don't write harsh things, sorry i'm quite emotional in that respect =] Thanks
That counselor is like your lifeline. You need to keep that channel completely connected with him or her in whatever way you possibly can. Talk to that person about your feelings and be sure you tell him/her exactly what you wrote here about reverting to feeling suicidal when things go wrong. Your counselor needs to know that. If he is not willing to keep the channel open with you like giving you a phone number where you can always reach him, have him give you a number you can call 24/7 so you always have a support person available to you until you feel strong and like yourself again. You are definitely on the right track, but you need to have that counseling help available to you all the time and that is your next big step - making it possible. You need to speak to your counselor and if you get the run-around from him, you need to speak to someone else there until you get help. Keep reaching out and you will definitely get the help you need and it will be there for you when you need it which is what you are asking about in this question right now.
Yes, go see the counselor. I had good days when my depression wasn't being treated, but sooner or later the suicidal thoughts would start to pop up.
I was taking antidepressants and the way they worked for me was by blocking the suicidal thoughts so the counseling could help me.
I saw my counselor a few weeks after being told to stop the meds, and she could see that I was going down again.
I had the good luck of seeing two great counselors, if you don't feel comfortable with the one you see you should be able to find another one.
Yes, I think you should. I know you said your feeling better. That's great for you. But, you still have to talk about the things that wrote above. I see mine every week whether or not I'm feeling sad. You don't have to be scared. I know I was at first and I'm 46 yrs old. It's nice to talk to someone who listens and is really there to help. You can tell them anything. You can cry, laugh and it's even OK to get angry if that's what your feeling.

Take care and please don't give up!
Yes, I really think you should see the counselor.
You should definitely go see the counselor even if you feel ok right now. It takes a while to get back to a good place when a person is feeling like you do - I was in a similar place 2 years ago and I went to my counselor for almost a year before I felt ok enough to stop. I even went when I was having a good day and feeling better about things - it was just nice to be able to talk to someone who was not going to judge and who could help me work through even the daily things that would come up. So yes - definitely keep your appointment and I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005