Thursday, August 28, 2008

Do I need hip surgery?! Help I'm very scared! Only 13?

Friday, I was doing dance class. When I went home my hip started hurting.Its my left hip. It is now Sunday. I'm ok when sitting down, but now I'vw been sitting down for a while, and my hip now really hurts when I walk, so much that i'm slumped over to my left side. I'm only 13 and I'm really scared, should I get an x-ray?
You don't say how vigorous your dance session was. If it was very vigorous, you may have injured yourself. The most severe problem, in your age group is a slipped femoral capital epiphysis. (SCFE) That is the growth center between the femur and the ball that fits into the hip socket.

Now that being said, that can be unlikely. You probably have an ordinary strain or overuse injury. I would wait for two weeks. Any Orthopedic Surgeon would, also, because most injuries will heal on their own in that period of time. If, however, you have pain in any position, and if you cannot bear any weight on that leg, then you need an X-Ray.

Hope this helps. I have a link to SCFE below
Ya get an X-ray. It probably is nothing serious, but get it checked out just in case. Apply heat and ice to it, that usually helps pain.
See a doctor. This could be a muscle/tendon problem or something with the bone. I doubt you'll need any surgery.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005