Thursday, August 28, 2008

I have my period and??

I decided to go running. I have never done this during my period because I am tired and nauseaus, but I figured I would try it. I ran one mile and then came back and I almost fainted when I got through the door. I am always tired during my period and nauseous and sometimes dizzy. I drank a lot of water before going and after, but still I thought excersising was suppose to help you during your period. It didn't make me feel any better. Is this normal?
It is wise to take it easy on days 1 and 2, or whatever your heaviest day(s) are. This doesn't mean don't exercise, but just don't do the all-out, beat yourself to death thing that you might otherwise do, unless you are an athlete and used to it.

If I were a runner, I might choose to go for a brisk walk instead. Yoga is good, but avoid the inverted asanas.
It is normal to be tired during your period and to be nauseous before your period comes but if your nauseous during your period you need to see a doctor. Also if you have a heavy period that could be causing your fatigue you might have anemia because of the heavy flow. Exercising before your period helps to reduce cramps that you might get during your period but it won't help with the nausea and the fact that you're tired. I suggest that you see a doctor.
Have you ever been tested for anemia? You sound like you have low blood iron right now and that would make you feel crummy during activities and your cycle.

I am anemic and love to run but I cannot when I am menstruating. I would rather do something better for my body and energy during this time like yoga. It will invigorate you and is much better for your stomach area.

Some suggestions for you: talk to your doctor about a CBC blood test, keep hydrating yourself, and run on off days of your cycle, yoga during the cycle. Oh yeah, nourish your body with a balanced diet.

Good luck to you!
Sound like you're low on iron. Do you take an iron supplement during your period? That helps a lot of women replace the iron they lose at that time. As always, talk to your GYN about this, there's a lot they can do to relieve your menopausal symptoms.
it happens to me too
i dont feel any better when i exercise either

sometimes, i take medicine to relieve the pain
it might be
i get alot of headaches and get really light headed when i get my period
so i think it sorta common

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005