Thursday, August 28, 2008

I am diabetic. Please tell me what to do when the blood sugar is low or when high. When to take Insulin.?

Some times. mostly in the early morning I have difficulty reading. My sugars are anywhere from 65 to 165. When it is low I just eat slices of bread and or drink orange juice. When it is high I drink lots of water. I am suppose to inject insulin but I do not know at which point. Please help.
please ask your doctor these questions and don't take a chance on something so important.You are talking about the welfare of your life, so I wouldn't just take the advice of just anyone.
You really MUST check this out with your doctor. There are many different types of insulin, and they have different speeds at which they operate, as well as for how long they operate.

If your blood sugar is below 72 mg/dL you need to eat as you are on the verge of suffering a hypoglycemic attack.

A blood sugar reading of 165 mg/dL is only a little high, but still high enough to cause complications to set in if you keep it at that level. Obviously, raised blood sugar levels, and possibly insulin resistance is the reason why your doctor feels that you need insulin injections. (I'm presuming here that you're a type 2 diabetic that, probably started out by taking tablets when you were first diagnosed. If not, then I apologise for jumping to inappropriate conclusions.)

Your doctor is the only one who can advise you at what time you're supposed to be taking insulin injections as s/he will know all about you and which type of diabetes you have.

I wish you the best of luck in learning more about your condition.
For me 65 would be borderline low and 165 would be just a little high. If I am slightly low I'll eat something but not much. If I'm a little high I drink 10 ozs of water and walk 10-15 minutes. Wait about 30 minutes or so and then check sugar level and administer insulin. Thats what works best for me but I also get lots of exersize and find myself low sometimes later. I just wish I could find something to help with the weight gain. I am starving and if I don't starve I gain weight.
when your blood sugar is too low dont take insulin because it will lower your blood sugar even more causing to go into a coma you should eat something wuth lots of sugar in it and carry glucose tablets with you.when your sugar is too high then take insulin.. or talk to your doctor they would tell you more stuff
You should talk to your physician. Most have a "sliding" scale of insulin doses based on their blood sugar levels.
ask your doctor and find out what your correction ratio is and when you should start correcting.
what i do is take 1 unit for every 50 over 150, i take humolog. your doctor should of given you a sliding scale

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005