Thursday, August 28, 2008

Feel Fat...?

i am a recovering anorexic and have finally gotten to my ideal weight - 5'4" 118 pounds
but i feel soooo fat
i know that i'm not
and yes i lift weights
but when i look in the mirror i envy what i looked like a month ago
how can i change this??
btw whenever i feel fat i think of starving myslef which i drown out with binging
not good
Good for you for getting back to an ideal weight! It is so hard getting over a bad eating habit, in your case, a bad "not" eating habit. I am 34 years old and have struggled with my self-image for a good portion of my life. For years I was obsessive, working out for hours every day, hardly eating at all. To say I'm completely over it would be silly, but I can say I'm a lot better than I used to be. The best thing you can do for yourself is look at your numbers logically. You know on paper 118 pounds is NOT fat even if that's not what you feel. Second of all, is you need to have someone hide the scale so you're not weighing yourself every minute of the day. That's doing nothing but making you obsess more. It's a hard habit to break, but do-able. I weigh myself once a week. If I don't, I start to worry I'm gaining and get freaky. A week is enough to make it not a high priority, but not too much that it's all you think about. Thirdly, you need to get active--meaning involved. Obsessing over your weight is an addiction. You need to reprogram your mind by getting involved in something like volunteering, writing stories, painting, etc so you're not so focused on those numbers. THAT is what helps me. You can do this, and please, don't listen to that HORRIBLE message that said you were fat. That person doesn't realize what a lifelong struggle this is. Be proud of yourself. Enjoy the energy I'm sure you didn't have a month ago. Try not to waste your life worrying about the numbers on a scale. Life is not long, try to find something to make it worth while! Good luck to you sweetie.
you have to learn that there is always going to be a voice in the back of your head telling you that you are fat.... However you have to get past it... Just think if you are fat what would be the worse thing..... People will still love you. you have to just love yourself first...Just be your self and the rest will not matter and for people like Fire Blade 24, they are just jerks who want to hurt people. You can't let the negativity get to you or the voice telling you that you are fat is going to win. Don't listen to it... I don't even know you and i already know you are beautiful because you are trying to change your life for the better. Beauty has different meanings, you don't have to be a size two to be wanted and pretty, you can be pretty just being your normal self. So, don't give up on what you have already accomplished by starving yourself. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I dont know if this is very helpful but, ive always had trouble putting on weight, i feel discusting and boney when my weight drops, its definitely not attractive and all the guys i know would prefer a girl with a bit of meat on her...after having my son i feel good with how i look because ive finally got some weight on me and i feel sexier than ever! I can fit into clothes better and i get heaps more 'looks' from guys lol.
I dont work out or anything and my boyfriend loves the way i look....im not fat, but im not skinny anymore either ive got a gorgeous squishy belly and a great *** (not one of those flat boxy asses) so.....yeah.....im about your height and im about 55-60kg. CURVES ARE SEXY its the truth!
You sound perfect to me! I know exactly what you are going through. Im a recovering anorexic, and i have those feelings every day. You just have to tell yourself that it is your eating disorder talking nonsense. You should be so PROUD of yourself. You are such a strong person for being able to overcome this.I actually envy you for your strength. I wish i had as much courage as you do. Just remember that you are now sooooo much healthier than you were before, and your future is so much brighter.

Take care and stay strong!
if you havnt learned, starving yourself is THEE worst thing. Without food your body will just eat away at your muscle, Thhhen at fat on your body, and you'll be unhealthy looking.
Your gonna wanna work out and get as much muscle as possible so it burns away fat, and your not going to Feel fat anymore.
-Dont starve yourself at all though. Eat a bunch of small meals spread out. You wont feel really gross full all the time, i know how that feels,.. and you'll still have calories to burn if you eat a little bit.
You're not fat, you're just a bit used to being dangerously skinny. Train your mind to see yourself now as 'normal' and it'll get better over time. But don't overeat, and don't *not* eat. It's better to be healthy overall anyway, than to focus on weight. If you're in good shape it doesn't matter what you weigh.
I wish I was that size... I have been overweight my whole life but I would never ever starve myself.... You are not fat at all and you need to wake up and see that you are beautiful the way you are. Don't put yourself down bring yourself up and be happy with whom you are the way you are. And you are 5'4" 118lbs.... that is you accept it
when you feel fat go for a run..its much better because usually you can avoid feeding yourself but its much easier for your body to stop yourself..so whenever you think of starving, think of running.
sometimes i feel like im fat too but when you look at other people you notice that no one is extremly skinny without looking sick!!! also that it is healthy to have some fat and it can sometimes look cute!!
That seems like the perfect weight to me. You always may have that feeling but you can fight through it. YOU ARE NOT FAT... you know that it's all in your head.
You are very skinny!
Just eat healthy, 3 meals a day, and continue to work out.
Don't give in to mental weakness, you will and can overcome this feeling.

Good luck! :)
im like 5'8 or 5'7 and im like 150, so you're not fat dont worry, and maybe it's that your muscles are too large, so you feel them in areas that could be filled with fat
You need more self confidence. there are so many ppl out there who are obese, ask yourself, "Am I obese?" Obviously not.
remind urselfur not
Stop looking in the mirror and live your life having .......... Fun!!!
not fat im 5'5 and weigh like 125
you are fat !!!
just watch what u eat and exercise and really work on toning ur fatty areas

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005