Thursday, August 28, 2008

Is there any way to force a family member into drug rehab in the state of Maryland?

I know that in Florida they have something called the Marchman Act and I was wondering if there is anything like that in Maryland. I have a VERY CLOSE family member who has gotten hooked on Crack cocaine and I am terrified for her and my whole family. She knows that she needs to go to rehab, but keeps stalling. Some of her excuses were valid, but those circumstances have long passed and there always seems to be a new excuse to delay her from getting help. I am losing my mind! I stress about this from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Her drug problem is tormenting me and the rest of my family! Is'nt there any way that a family member can have someone forced into treatment or at least evaluated? I know it can be done if someone is suicidal or homicidal, but what about for severe drug addiction?
In Maryland you can file an Emergency Evaluation Petition (EEP) and the person will be taken by the police to the hospital for examination and drug tests and she can be hospitalized. One of my family members killed himself recently in Maryland bc he couldn't get off crack, and the last I heard 1 in 4 crack users does it so I would really try to get her some help.
It depends on her age I think. I don't know too much about it, but keep on trying. Don't give them money or let them control you. Its hard to stay strong during this, but know and have faith she will get the help she needs. Pray, pray, pray. God bless you.
the 25th amendmant or rule or something haspolice officers take whoever they need toand take them directly to rehab

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005