Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recovering from viral meiningits?

Im just wondering if this is normal...Well i started getting sick bout 2 weeks ago it started off as a throat infection i was put on antibiotics but i started to get really sick my neck started to hurt when i tryed to touch my chin to my chest, my head ached non stop the lights were too much. Fevers are driving me nuts and i cant keep any food down. Well i went to the hospital on wednesday and they did 2 lumber punchers (spinal taps) because they werent sure if it was bacterial or viral they were concerned because i had antibiotics they said it could have partically treated it. The tests came back and they told me it was viral meningitis they kept me in hospital that night and had me on the drip and monitered me. The dr said it usually lasts 10 days and i can go home but come back in 2 days to make sure im doing ok. well its been just over a week sense i first had the stiff neck and fevers and im feeling abit better but my muscles in my back are aching alot is this normal?
It may take up to a month to get rid of nerve irritation from the viral agent. You should call your doctor discuss if he thinks pain medication or muscle relaxers may be indicated to treat the aching pain..

Did you go back to the doctor in 2 days as the doctor suggested you do after the hospital stay?

To be cautious,make another appointment get a re-check.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005