Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tried everything but cant stop smoking.when get the urge forget my decision.can anyone help pls?

been trying to quit for many years. i know all the routine tips. i know when i get the urge i should try doing some work or pop in a toffee,but what i do is light up. i don't keep packs of the stick.i go out and byu singles as is available.but i cant quit. i know i can because i have entirely deciplined myself,except for this.
I remembered when i promised my girlfriend that i'll not smoke anymore.., i really didnt smoked for several months. I dont how i controlled myself but promises really works... try doing something same..
i used to be a smoker and it took me a few times before i quit for good.This is a hard habit to break,but can be done.you might want to list all of the reasons why you want to quit,also write down all of the benefits of doing so.as you know smokers develope lung disease,which affect you for life,it even shortens the life span of a person.you might also want to talk to your family doc and see what he may recommend there's many options out there,you could even join a group for people who have quit smoking.
Hey, I know just how you feel....I quit a year and a half ago. Everytime I had a craving ( which was every 1/2 hour) I drank water, brushed my teeth, ate, talked to myself about why I was quiting, called my wife and she talked me through it, etc. Let me tell you, the cravings were hot and heavy but they became fewer and fewer as the weeks went by. I gained 40 lbs but feel so much better and I dont smell. My wife and daughter love my kisses and I can excercise without feeling breathless. Its a year and a half later and I cant believe I used to be a smoker. Just take it one craving at a time and BE STRONG. You can do it. I did. I smoked for 22 years and stopped; cold turkey. Forget cutting down, etc. Just throw them away, full stop. You have to have the right mind set. You have to really WANT to quit. Good luck yaar!
See a doctor and go on the various helps, like nicotine gum, nicotine patch.

Slowly lower the dose of nicotine.

WILL POWER and few trick will help, invent them to suit your life style.

It is not an easy habit to let go, most people make few attempt at quiting and are always successful after some attempts.

But keep some water on hand and drink it, keep the smoking material under the water bottle so you have to pick up the water first. Put a bold note on the water bottle "NO SMOKING"
u know well that''Nothing is impossible everything is possible"so don't upset try to leave it once more time.just do one thing connect it with any link like if u do it will happen like this
one more thing dont quit it immediate quit it slowly.
well. everytime u want to smoke think of something important, and that important person is u. just think how much damage u r doing to ur self. if u not going to care 4 urself u is?
and c what happens.
I agree with Sanjay, Stay away from your smoking friends
by doing something until they finish smoking or encourage them to stop quit.
watch the movie no smoking it might help..........also prey God will help you.............as long as you are willing to be helped.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005