Thursday, August 28, 2008

What should i do...?

ok so the new kidd at my skewl that everyone liked asked me out his second day here and naturally i said yes but thats not long enough for him to already kno me and i cnt jus blurt out that i have diabetes he doesnt hang wit many kidds mostly the jocks who all kno that i ahve it cuz there my frenn and it doesnt *** up normal in many convos n/e way and i want him to kno in case we r eva on a date er sumtin and i pass out with low bloodsugar or sumthin so he knos wut to do or to tell parmedics wen they get there even if he doesnt kno wut to do...how should i tell him i mean we have only been datin for one week
just tell him you have diabetes, there is nothing to be ashamed of. If he really likes you he will still ask you out with or without diabetes.
Just tell him that if something were to happen that you have diabetes and that he would need to let someone know. If your like me you can feel it coming on and know that you need to get something to eat or drink really quick to avoid this from happening. It's really not something that would harm your relationship with him. You never know he may have it also.
Honey, I cannot read your writing.
Please use complete sentences and use the spell check.
Thanks.

From what I can make out, you need to tell everyone you're with that you have diabetes.It is essential for your life.
Why would you not eat when necessary to pretend to some guy you do not have diabetes ? That's harming yourself and will cost $500+ for an ambulance ride.
If you are old enough to date, you are old enough to take care of your medical needs.
I agree with everyone else here, Sofy. You really have nothing to worry about in telling this boy that you're diabetic.

Be well, Princess, and be proud of who you are and what you are.

If someone that you think something of can't see past a medical condition then it's them that has the problem, not you.
I have had diabetes since I was 6 and I'm 15 now and i had bf's b4 and they actually thought it was really cool like before I had an insulin pump the guys would be so interested and I would actually let them give me shots and take my blood sugar
and if he doesn't like you because u have diabetes he is totally not worth your time
Yeah, be like "I have to talk to you about something serious...." and then explain to him what it is and why it isn't something he should worry about but in case something should happen....
Keep granola bars near for low blood sugar. They work good. The sugar gives you fast help and the grains give you long lasting help.
I'd just tell him... If he decide's he doesn't like you because of it, then he's really just not worth it, or as I say, not even worth a used test stip... ;-) lol.
Don't be ashamed of having diabetes..you can't help it. Just tell him.
i agree with cheeky take nick j. hes a wonderful person and alot of girls love him and he has diabetes so its fine!
Yeah, understand your anxiety.

My suggestions:
1. Wear a tag around your neck. I believe paramedics are trained to look out for it read your condition(s) from there. There are medical companies that can give you a proper thing to put around your nectk
2. Carry with sugars. Drug store sells prepared sugars for emergency hypoglycemia. For myself I carry dried dates with me. Two to three dates chewed swallowed enough for me to recover. You will feel miserable as you get into hypoglycemia would go for it. Protect yourself. Just in csse. Actually if you look after yourself. Get treatment. Be dutiful. You would not even need this.
3. Dating skill. Yeah, no need to tell on the 1st few dates. Let it come naturally. Bring up the matter as the time comes.
4. Be more confident. Diabetes is not such a frightening condition. You do not just drop dead or comatose. There are signs you can learn to cope with it. Test your blood sugar reqularly learn your condition. Hypoglycemia symtomatic. You will feel weak and giddy before it's onset. Symtoms are giddyness, headache, tireness, confusion, slurry speech, lack of co-ordination, inability to think straight. These things come about long before a patient goes comatose. If unsure suck sweets. Or better yet eat your dates or raisins or some dried fruits. If you are near a cafe. Drink a glass of Milo. Your date wouldn't notice what you are doing.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005