Thursday, August 28, 2008

Can nervousness cause cancer?

I remember reading that African American women have higher breast cancer rates than other women, and the reason is constant worrying and stress from discrimination. I am not African American or subject to discrimination but experience a lot of stress. I have a weekly class where I have to get in front of the class to speak, and I am severely nervous to the point where my heart is beating fast, I am sweating, my stomach painfully churns, and my voice cracks. Can this constant nervousness affect my health and increase my risk for getting cancer?
Stress can cause all sorts of health problems, and I guess that it might increase your risk of getting some cancers. There's no hard evidence that it does so though.

Good ways to reduce stress include getting enough sleep, getting regular exercise, eating regular healthy meals, doing activities that relax you, doing yoga and meditating.

It's also possible that the more you speak in front of your class, the less nervous you'll be about it. I've heard that the one thing that people fear more than death is public speaking - so it's very common and I'm sure that most of the rest of your class feels the same way when they have to get up in front of everyone.

There are public speaking courses you can take, which teach you techniques to use to reduce nervousness.

So don't add to your stress by worrying about cancer - just live your life in the healthiest way that you can xx
That type of nervousness will not cause cancer and i don't think is a type of stress that can do that much harm. but a stress mixed with worry and supressed anger is different one it can affect your immunce system making the body weaker to defend against potentional illnesses. one fact is that when your worried and stressed you lose apetite lose sleep energy levels drop. it produces counterproductive results for you and for your body and health. as far as cancer concerned cancer can affect anyone regardless they have stress or not.
not a proven fact just my opinion.
Very doubtful that nervousness or stress causes cancer . . if it did than all the parents with children who are fighting or have died from cancer . . would be getting cancer too. I cannot think of too many other things more stressful than dealing with a child with cancer or a child dying from cancer.
Being nervous over your weekly class I would think wouldn't effect your health in such an adverse way. BUT....constant stress can affect your immune system, which in turn would not be efficient in fighting off disease.
Well, if you're making a speech once in a couple weeks you'll be fine. All people have stress. If your life in general sucks then yeah :) And you'll live less too, so relax.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005