Thursday, August 28, 2008

I suffer from prickly heat and it is very uncomfortable and spoils my summer. Does anyone kno any treatments.?

I once nearly had a heart attack from what was subsequently diagnosed as 'prickly heat' - and a friend agreed it was one of the worst experiences of his life, when he had an similar attack.
Anti-histamine tablets help - along with generous layers of high factor sun screens.
I've also tended to find that whilst 'airier' - natural cotton-based shirts, etc offer less protection against the sun's rays than those with a mix (man-made fabrics).
Straw sun-hats help - and you might even consider a parasole/umbrella when it's especially sunny or hot.
Hope some of this helps you enjoy a nice Summer.
Aloe Vera gel from Holland Barrett will cool and actively treat it. I've been using for any burns for a while now and after-sun treatment so maybe because prickly heat is blistery this should help or running under cold water.
You have to stay out of the sun for 24 hours if you get this, although I don't suffer now because I am very cautious and wear sunblock and don't stay in it for long periods.
My hands and feet are very sensitive to that in this weather. Try some of those sports heat/ice packs from Boots - the reusable ones you can put in the freezer. I find going to sleep with one under my feet and one in my hands works wonders. Or at any other time during the day.
Piriton - it's an antihistamine. I found that the old fashioned anti-histamine, which makes you sleepy, is the best one at getting rid of the rash.
Try Anti Histamine tablets.
It does help.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005