Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weightloss: Excercising/Dieting for Type1 Diabetics?

Hi, I'm a new mom and haven't really lost much of my pregnancy weight. I'm desperate to lose atleast 10 lbs by July 20th, for a wedding- but nothing I do seems to help-especially because I just became Type 1 Diabetic very recently.

Does anyone know easy and efficient diet/excercise I can do with a 6 month old baby running around? This weight gain is seriously beginning to effect my self-image...I've never had a problem losing weight before- I just feel helpless.
I would worry more about taking care of my diabetes than my weight. You need to discuss these things with your dr. If the insulin you are taking causes weight gain ask him/her to change you to one that doesn't.
The best answer in your case is to talk to a diabetic nutritionist. Being a full time mom I really doubt you'll have ample time to work out. Learning to eat right and PORTION CONTROL is a huge factor in diabetic weight control. Also, make sure this diabetes isnt pregnancy related. Many times women become diabetic while pregnant and drop the diabetes shortly after child birth. It could happen. Goodluck.
Walking is one of the most popular and widely recommended forms of physical activity for people with diabetes. It’s easy, relaxing and can be done practically anywhere. Most important, it’s highly effective at controlling blood glucose levels. Still, there are important things for people with diabetes to consider before taking off.
and keep away carb glucose foods from your diet.
you can check this site for more info
http://diabetes-complications.blogspot.c...

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005