Thursday, August 28, 2008

Going to the doctor?

i am a type 1 diabetic and i have a doctors appointment tomoro my A1C was 10.5 last time and they wanted to hospitalize me but didnt and my sugars wont go down even tho i have been doin everything rite and i think they r goin to put me in the hospital 2moro and im rely scared...plzz dnt answer unless diabetic or are close to a diabetic...how do i calm my nerves until 2moro and what do i do if i have to go to the hospital 2moro cuz im definately gonna cry i cried last time even after they decided i wasnt goin to the hospital
know that these doctors see your case 15 times ever day. they are there to help and they know what it will take to get your body to par. its one of those things in life you just have to swallow your fear and do it because its your health on the line.
I am a diabetic. don't cry. I was hospitalized also for diabetes. they probably just want to adjust your medication. i am on insulin twice a day and medications all day long for it. Just relax. Try to get some sleep. calm down it will be ok.
when i was 1st put in hospital (my suger was over 30in for aweek) i cryed i hate going into hospital but once your there its ok, everythink will be ok its better to be on the safe side then somethink happen to you just try and chill out i promise it will all be ok and if it is not all ok you can come back and slap me lol
I know this isn't what you want to hear, young Sofy, but if your doctor feels that you need to go to hospital then you really should do.

It's alright to be upset. Many of us have been upset at one time or another ... whether that's because we're diabetic or for a totally different reason. No-one wants to be taken from a place, like your home, where you feel secure and you're surrounded by friends and family, but sometimes it's for the best.

In hospital, you'll be in a controlled situation where adjustments can be made to the amount of insulin that you'll be injecting, blood tests can be carried out to test things are going according to plan, testing can also be done to find out if there's another reason why you're experiencing problems in controlling your diabetes. There are a few conditions that can make it more difficult, plus you could be getting adverse reactions from any medications that you're presently taking.

I understand, Sofy, from reading other questions that you've asked, that you haven't been diabetic for very long. Do you mind if I say that it's VERY important that you find how to control your diabetes, rather than letting it control you? Uncontrolled diabetes (raised blood sugar levels) can lead to a whole load of complications ... some of these can be embarrassing, some a 'pain in the butt', but some of them can lead to more dangerous things, and can even prove fatal if you don't know what to do about them, or when you should be reporting things to your doctor. I'm speaking from experience here, Sofy. Sadly, for years my control was not good. I now have a multitude of complications, and it seems that almost every time I end up in hospital they find something else going wrong.

Luckily, I've been using a pump since 1998 which has improved my control immeasurably. The only way they're going to get this pump from me is over my dead body, or once they've got a cure for diabetes. (I was in a shortlist for an islet cell transplantation operation, but was not selected. boo hoo.)

I wish you the very best of luck for tomorrow, Sofy, and for many many years of good health.

Take care.
I have been a Type-1 diabetic since I was 13 years old (I am 47 years old now) and I can truly relate to your problem. First of all, it is perfectly normal to cry. I did, too, when I first found out. I dreaded the degenerative effects of the disease and having to inject myself daily. But over time I have learned the importance of good control and, believe it or not, you do get used to the needles. An A1C of 10.5 is dangerously high and you will be so much better off to get it under control. In a way, you are luckier than I was when I first found out. Medicine in the area of controlling diabetes is so much more advanced than when I first became diabetic. I now use an insulin pump, which has improved my control substantially.
I won't lie to you -- having diabetes is not an easy road. But with time and the support of family and friends (very important) you will learn the ins and outs in no time. I wish you good luck and good health!

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005